Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bahama mama drama... Day two

We are here in nassau. Day 2 of our vacation. The group has definitely firmly shaped into two or three groups. It is very strange and awkward to get glares from people who I haven't even spoken with, but I really don't give a flying flip. I'm better than to let those idiots ruin my vacation for their assholioness.

Last night, we were very lucky to have our entire table full of friends. The other two table groupings pretty much sat in stone cold silence. I watched them for a while, feeling bad for two girls in particular who had that "help me" look on their faces, but there was nothing I could do for them. I seriously doubt anyone would do anything to try to save me from a similar fate.

The fairy godmother who put me at the fun table deserves a Nobel peace prize for that accomplishment. If I got to sit with the ramrods (named as such for their extremely stiff posture while looking down on me), I would have had to catch the first flight out of the Bahamas to get me the frig away from them. Yes, they are that horrible. Excuse me, but I have never pretended to be something I wasn't. If they don't like or appreciate my brutal honesty, that's their disconnect.

Right now I am sitting on the deck with two of the coolest girls ever, and listening to their animated chatter. Do I really have to go back? I am kind of dreading the return to real life next week. Not because of anyone specifically, just not looking forward to getting back to the grind of two jobs, the stress, and aggravation of my real life. Here, I am fun, relaxed, and don't have to be anywhere at any time. Ahhhhh.

To quote Samuel, our waiter, life is good. At least it is here, today.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment