Thursday, October 14, 2010

when it rains, it pours

so...
yesterday i had an appointment with my gastroenterologist as a follow-up to last year's ass cancer scare. i told the doctor, i'm sure he's a nice guy and a lot of fun to hang out with but i really don't want to have to see him for the rest of my life.
anyway, i have to go back under the knife to make sure they got it all. oh, joy. and if it comes back clean, i get to wait three years before i see him again. *crossing fingers*
the rude awakening there was... i have gained 25 pounds since i saw him in August, 2009. that's not cool.
then i go home, and i start reading my Jackie Warner book, "This is Why You Are Fat," as if there's any surprise there, right? well... she starts chapter two about sugar addiction, and says more than once that cancer is fueled by sugar because it's easy for it to absorb and gives the cancer cells energy for growth. awe.some. candy corn in the trash.

this morning, i arrive at work... several emails in my inbox awaiting my review, but one caught my attention. "Pictures." so, i open it, puruse to see if there's anything that piques my interest...


and...

wait for it...


tah dah...



i'm gigantic. wake up call received, noted, and acknowledged.
Here we go again... to Weight Watchers i go. i am too embarassed to go to the gym, so i'm not sure what to do about the fitness aspect, but this is my motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment